Bookends 13.1.3 free download for Mac
Bookends is overall the best reference manager for macOS. The primary advantage lies in the fact its database engine is the most flexible/accessible, allowing powerful group editing of the reference data. Bookends has been continuously developed for the Mac since 1984, and still receives regular updates. In V13 there have been significant improvements to the way you can view and annotate PDFs.
there is a sticky tab bar for multiple reference PDFs so you can quickly add several PDFs then switch between them effortlessly while being able to view the annotations note stream (metadata about your PDF annotations are automatically extracted into the central database for you).
Full screen is now contextual, if you are editing reference lists, it opens into the reference list, if you have a PDF panel open, it opens into the PDF.
The automated Pubmed search has been improved, and it greatly enhances the speed at which we can scan through new potentially exciting references.
There are many more exciting features and Bookends offers the best mix of detailed reference management, search interface, PDF handling, flexible bibliography generation and more.
Bookends – 13.1.3 – Reference management and bibliography software
Bookends is a full-featured bibliography/reference and information management system for students and professionals.
- Bookends uses the cloud to sync reference libraries on all the Macs you use. Access the power of Bookends directly from Mellel, Nisus Writer Pro, or MS Word (including Word 2016): Bookends allows you to scan your existing word-processor files and automatically generate finished manuscripts with properly formatted bibliographies. You can also scan Apple Pages ’08, ’09, and 5, Manuscripts.app, and LibreOffice/OpenOffice 4 files, or RTF files saved from any word processor.
- Bookends allows you to share your references over the Internet with anyone, on any platform. And with Bookends, you can directly search and import references from numerous sources:
- Web of Science
- Google Scholar
- Library of Congress
- and hundreds of other online sources
Or use a built-in browser to download references with PDF’s and/or Web pages. Also, with automatic searches of PubMed, you can discover articles as soon as they’re published. Bookends allows for powerful group-based searches, with static, smart, virtual groups, and smart folders as well as tag clouds that make hierarchical searches easy.
Bookends also offer a robust assortment of file attachment features:
- Attach any file (such as a PDF) to a reference and view or open it instantly.
- Automatically rename and organize PDF files on-the-fly.
- Automatically download and attach the PDF of an article from the Internet if you have access permission.
- Automatically locate and attach PDF’s on your hard drive.
- Annotate and markup PDFs and have the information instantly accessible in notecards.